Monday, November 28, 2016

Regrouping and forging ahead

Now almost at the end of another year and I have had quite some time of inactivity due to cancer treatment.
Several things that have happened, firstly I had to withdraw from the Open Garden day as I was unwell and my property was flooded a month before hand.  So it is now necessary to make good some repairs, do some rethinking and regroup.
I am finding my energy levels are increasing, albeit slowly.  The warmer weather is helping in that
regard, I am sure of it.
So,  with nicer days and plenty of plans I am tackling things, task by task.  A week ago I went to the local market and bought 5 muscovy ducklings, that will be introduced to the main system, once they are big enough to free range in the orchard.  I have given them all names from the characters in the Outlander series and they are showing their little personalities off more and more.  The main pair are Jamie and Claire.  They tend to stick together a lot and are constantly snuggling up in the run and brood box.  Jamie is the large one with the dark head and grey saddle, Claire is the pure yellow one. At this stage they are only a few weeks old and still have no feathers, just down.

As Christmas approaches, I am trying hard to source a wwoofer to help me around the property, so many things I would like to achieve here.  If I am fortunate to have one come, it will be good to include the person in our Christmas gathering.  Always nice to treat them like family.
With the onset of fire season here, our fire pit days are in hiatus and we are going to have to use the gas barbeque etc for entertaining people.  We just can't afford to take risks with the extra amount of undergrowth around, due to higher rainfalls we got this season.
On a personal note,  I am assessing my own life and looking at what options are open to me.  I hope that this year I will be established enough to run a few workshops from the property, to expand on the blitz group a little and also to allow myself a bit of a holiday at some time.
I have kept a bit of a watch on the travels of Micheal (mentioned in my last blog) and how he has fared.  I am glad to be able to say his walk to Canberra culminated in the submission of papers to parliament and that there has been some progress there.  He is an amazing man and should be lauded for his efforts.
If I don't get back to this blog for a while.  Please take care of one another during the festive season. Travel safely and be sure to love your kinfolk well.


No comments:

Post a Comment